Like most festivals all over the country, Mint Festival will be asking ticket holders to prove their COVID status on entry.
This will include:
- proof of a negative NHS COVID-19 Lateral Flow Test taken within 48 hours of your arrival;
- proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the event (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).
- proof of full COVID-19 vaccination both doses received at least 14 days before your arrival;
Please note you do not have to be double vaccinated to attend this event. Just one of the above will allow you to meet the criteria to gain entry.
What do I need to get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events?
You need to have one of the following to get a NHS Covid Pass for domestic events:
- A negative PCR test or lateral flow test within the past 48 hours. If you did a lateral flow test at home, you must report your test result on GOV.UK(see below for a step by step guide on this option).
- A positive PCR test within the past 6 months. This will mean you have natural immunity. You are eligible after you’ve finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test.
- 2 doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 dose of the Janssen vaccine. You are eligible 2 weeks after your 2nd dose (Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer), or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Janssen).
If I want to get my NHS COVID Pass using a negative COVID-19 test result, when do I need to take the lateral flow test?
You should order a stock of free NHS lateral flow tests in advance of the festival. It is expected that there will be a high demand for these in the coming weeks so do not leave it until the last minute. You can also pick these up from some local chemists.
Once your NHS App is set up, within 48 hours before arrival at the festival you should take a test. You must register the result on the GOV.UK website. This will automatically link to your NHS App.
Once you have registered your test result, it may take up to two hours to appear in the app so consider doing this the night before you leave for the event.
How do I get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events?
You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS Covid Pass via the NHS website or by calling 119 (select NHS COVID Pass service) to request a letter.
It is recommended you register and use the NHS App at least two weeks before your event.
How do I get the NHS App?
To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login. To register for an NHS login you will need to upload a photo of your ID.
I can’t download the NHS App, can I access my NHS Covid Pass another way?
You can view your COVID-19 status online and download or print it as a PDF document. To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login if you do not have one already. NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests. Access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website
How do I generate my NHS COVID Pass for domestic events?
Once your negative test result is showing on your App you should do the following:
- Open the NHS App and log in or log in via the NHS Website.
- Click ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’. Click ‘domestic’.
- Your name and QR Code will be displayed. **This is your NHS COVID Pass.**
- If you’re using your phone, select “Receive an offline copy by email” this will send an email to your chosen address so you can print on your computer. If you are using your computer, select “Download PDF copy” and print.
What do I do with my NHS Covid Pass for domestic events?
On arrival at the festival you will be asked to present your NHS Covid Pass to prove you have had a negative test.
How long does my NHS Covid Pass for domestic events last for?
A pass generated from a negative lateral flow test expires after 48 hours.
A pass generated from a positive PCR test in the past six months expires 180 days after taking the test.
I recently tested positive for COVID-19, how will I provide proof of a negative test result?
If you tested positive for COVID-19 with a PCR test taken within 180 days of your festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result) you are eligible for an NHS Covid Pass as you have natural immunity.
You should register for the NHS App (as explained above) and click on ‘Get your NHS Covid pass’. This should automatically display your name and QR Code. If this does not show phone 119.
Remember this will only work if you took a PCR test at the time you had COVID-19, NOT a Lateral Flow Test.
I’m having problems with the NHS App, should I contact my festival?
If you are having issues with your NHS App or getting your NHS Covid Pass you should contact the NHS App support team NOT your event organisers.
The NHS COVID Pass is one of the many ways that event organisers are working hard to keep party goers safe. If you do not want to use this, then you will not be able to gain entry to the festival and may not be given a refund.